Drain and Sewer
Indoor Air Quality
Indoor Air Quality in Denver, CO
When it comes to indoor climate, most people focus on heating and air conditioning. Those things are definitely important, but they are not the only factors that you should be considering with regard to your home’s air. There are a wide range of different issues that can change your indoor air quality, and some of them can make it quite a bit worse if you’re not careful.
If you want to be healthier and more comfortable in your home, it’s a good idea to start with improving your indoor air quality. Cooper Heating & Cooling, Inc. offers a full range of indoor air quality services throughout Denver, CO. If you need indoor air quality services, call us today.
Why Indoor Air Quality Services are Needed
There are two major factors that can affect indoor air quality: contaminants and humidity. The average home is filled with millions of microscopic airborne contaminants. Some of these contaminants include dust, pollen, dander, germs, and mold spores. Inhaling these contaminants over a long period of time can cause all kinds of issues, like allergy attacks and the flu.
Humidity is the other issue you have to deal with when talking about indoor air quality. Your body relies on a certain amount of moisture in the air in order to function properly. If the humidity levels in the air are too high or too low, it will start to create problems for your health and comfort. High humidity promotes mold growth, and makes it harder for your body to keep cool. Low humidity makes your body more susceptible to infection. Problems like these are why indoor air quality services are important.
Types of Services We Provide
Some of the indoor air quality services we provide include:
- Air Filters and Purifiers: Air filtration and purification systems are designed to remove airborne contaminants from the home’s air supply. They use a variety of methods to do this, from simple mesh filters to the ionization of pollutants. You should consult a professional about which air quality system is best for your home.
- Humidifiers and Dehumidifiers: Humidifiers and dehumidifiers are used to keep your home’s humidity levels in check, either by adding or removing moisture from the air. If your air is chronically dry or moist, it’s a good idea to look into installing a humidifier or dehumidifier, respectively.
- Heat and Energy Recovery Ventilators: HRV’s and ERV’s exist to allow fresh air to continue flowing into your home, without compromising climate control. This helps to prevent the buildup of airborne contaminants, among other benefits.
- Mold Remediation: Breathing in mold spores has the potential to be quite dangerous to your health. If you have mold colonies throughout your home, they need to be exterminated as quickly as possible. We offer full mold remediation services.
- Radon Testing and Mitigation: Radon is a naturally occurring, radioactive gas that can increase the chances of developing lung cancer. The only way to detect radon is by testing for it, which is why we offer radon testing and mitigation services.
- Commercial Indoor Air Quality: Commercial buildings need indoor air quality services just as much as residential ones do. That’s why we offer full commercial IAQ services.
Call Cooper Heating & Cooling, Inc. to schedule an appointment with one of our indoor air quality experts.